Re: Kernel stops at "PM: Preparing system for mem sleep", never makes it to "Freezing user space processes ... "

Thanks,

Here is my dmesg from a clean boot:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63420/dmesg.txt

Now that I scanned it more thoroughly I found these:

[    0.363136] [Firmware Bug]: ACPI: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
and
[    0.387856] PCI: Using host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary,
use "pci=nocrs" and report a bug

my /proc/cmdline is:
BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux
root=UUID=44cf687d-4827-4765-8758-98d44a745d07 ro quiet
resume=/dev/sda2

maybe they indicate a lurking problem?

(in parallel, I will try booting with pci=nocrs and report back)

And there are other people having this issue, some from way back, as
can be seen here
(Don't be fooled by the linux 3.4.x reference in the title, it happens
with older kernels, too)

Some of them have found the "solution" to be "never close the lid" but
this is unacceptable, for me.

Again, thanks!