Re: Kernel stops at "PM: Preparing system for mem sleep", never makes it to "Freezing user space processes ... "

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Athlion <athlion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This seems to be the last kernel message you've got.
>>
>> It looks like there's a problem with a power management notifier within
>> the kernel.  Perhaps a race condition, since it is not reproducible 100%
>> of the time.
>>
>> Does it happen if you don't use the lid to trigger suspend?
>>
>> Rafael
>
> No, it does not.
>
> If I don't use the lid, the suspend succeeds 100% of the time (at
> least, I have achieved over 4 days of uptime by using the
> logout/suspend button of xfce, I never could stand not closing the lid
> for more...)
>
> What I don't know exactly is how to begin tracking this problem down.

Furthermore, the suspend actually *happens* if I initiate a shutdown
or reboot procedure, right after the point where the system says
killing all processes. On resume, the shutdown/reboot resumes
normally.