Re: Obsolete documentation?

Umh... To configure Telix under DOS you need to provide the first I/O port
and IRQ, so I guess it talks to the hardware directly. Also the other side
(minicom under Linux) works according to selected communication speed with
Telix on the XT side. Also, ELKS has I/O ports hardcoded, so I doubt it
communicates with BIOS for serial I/O, see in
elks/arch/i86/drivers/char/serial.c:

static struct serial_info ports[NR_SERIAL] = {
    {(char *)0x3f8, 4, 0, DEFAULT_LCR, DEFAULT_MCR, NULL},
    {(char *)0x2f8, 3, 0, DEFAULT_LCR, DEFAULT_MCR, NULL},
    {(char *)0x3e8, 5, 0, DEFAULT_LCR, DEFAULT_MCR, NULL},
    {(char *)0x2e8, 2, 0, DEFAULT_LCR, DEFAULT_MCR, NULL},
};

static char irq_port[NR_SERIAL] = { 3, 1, 0, 2 };

Port 3f8 is the one I entered in Telix under FreeDOS.