Re: issue installing modem

Bill,

Maybe the automatic installer saw a conflict with slmodem?

The modem symbolic link is /dev/modem -> ttySL0

and did not install anything?

If an error occurred during installation, please see the sections
'BUGS' and 'REPORTING PROBLEMS' below.

Once the modem is installed and configured, you may access it as
/dev/ttySHSF0. Additionally, you can use it via the symbolic link
/dev/modem (equivalent to ttySHSF0). If you have more than one HSF
modem, the second will be available as /dev/ttySHSF1, the third as
/dev/ttySHSF2 and so forth.

Please review the permissions on the device nodes with "ls -l" to
ensure that they are adequate for your system.

The "hsfconfig" command can be used to change certain modem
configuration options or recompile (generic packages only) the kernel
modules after installation. Run "hsfconfig --help" for usage
information.

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/install.php

Regards,

Antonio