Re: PCTel modem and Ubuntu 10.04 problem!

Robert,

When I get home, I will try to play with it a bit.  I have a slax
module and a script that generates the module for Slax 6.1.2 with
kernel 2.6.27.27

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=2487

But I will run this against slax-remix-v06 or next-remix-v07 which
have 2.6.33.2 and 2.6.34 kernels respectively.  If I encounter any
failures/success, I will report back.

If anyone can download Slax remix(es), and get the script you can beat
me to it and report back, just change the line:

From:
# run ./configure -auto for the type of modem you have
# you can have pct789,,,cm8738, i8xx, sis, via686a
./configure -auto # otherwise change this to your modem type :)

# run ./configure -auto for the type of modem you have
# you can have pct789,,,cm8738, i8xx, sis, via686a
./configure -pct789 # otherwise change this to your modem type :)

like Robert is instructing us to do.

Regards,

Antonio