Re: Agere and faxes

Hect wrote:
My problem is with faxes. Using mgetty to receive calls, it puts modem waiting for a call, detects the ring, answers and then computer hangs without logging anything that could help me to detect the problem.
Could please anybody help me?
Most software modems are poor performers when it comes to fax. If you review the archives for HylaFAX or HylaFAX+ you will find many people complaining about problems with a plethora of different soft modems. My suggestion would be to buy yourself a serial modem using the Venus chipset. If you can't find a serial modem then some Venus based USB modems are also known to work.

Regards,

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 866 363 6680 | UK +44 1225 637 105
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com