Re: Agere and faxes

In data sabato 17 aprile 2010 11:33:26, hai scritto:
> Hect wrote:
> > My problem is with faxes. Using mgetty to receive calls, it puts modem
> > waiting for a call, detects the ring, answers and then computer hangs
> > without logging anything that could help me to detect the problem.
> > Could please anybody help me?
>
> Most software modems are poor performers when it comes to fax. If you
> review the archives for HylaFAX or HylaFAX+ you will find many people
> complaining about problems with a plethora of different soft modems. My
> suggestion would be to buy yourself a serial modem using the Venus
> chipset. If you can't find a serial modem then some Venus based USB
> modems are also known to work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Rinaldi
> Mainpine Developer Support
> USA +1 866 363 6680 | UK +44 1225 637 105
> andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

I succeded in sending with efax.
I suppose that the problem in receiving is with megtty. I tried getty with the
same result. I also noticed that P0 AT command freezes my Opensuse, I
elimineted it but it freezes again when receiving. I'll keep on trying, if I
got good news I'll let you know.
Thanks
Hect