Re: Diptanu India 2.6.18-8.el5

This part of the diagnostic:
-----------
Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:1b.0:
       Modem chipset  detected on

NAME="Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G "
package="both hcfpcimodem and hsfmodem"
CLASS=0403
PCIDEV=8086:27d8
SUBSYS=1019:2633
IRQ=193
IDENT=HCF.HSF
should be ignored, with respect to the audio card being involved.  My
scanModem code is NOT sophisticated enough to automatically deal with
the case when there is both a PCI Conexant card and a Audio card which
may host a modem chip.

>From the accumulated information, it is worth while
FIRST unloading the hsfmodem software, and then testing the
hcfpcimodem package for your kernel.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer