Re: ThinkPad X200 modem model

Thanks Antonio for your help :)
I don't know why but pulseaudio is now able to detect the device and
works properly. I just did reinstall the
alsa-driver-linuxant_1.0.20.3_all.deb.zip and after the reboot
pulseaudio became ready.

Thanks again for the help.
Wish you the best

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> for automated driver updates,
> following upgrade of your kernel.  For details see
> http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml#dkms
>

> Some modem drivers can only be used in 32 bit modem on x86_64 systems,
> while some others are competent on x86_64 Systems.  Cases are:
> 1) http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg03119.html
> for the snd-hda-intel audio+modem driver. Also applicable to AC97
> modem controllers.
> In both cases, 32 bit libraries must be installed to support the
> slmodemd helper having a precompiled 32 bit component.
> 2) For USB modems using the slusb.ko driver. 32 bit libraries must be
> installed to support the slmodemd helper having a precompiled 32 bit
> component
> 3) The hsfmodem and hcfpcimodem drivers for Conexant chipsest modes
> are x86_64 competent.
> 4) agrsm packages for LSI/AgereSystems softmodems are not competent on
> x86_64 systems.
>
>  There are no blacklisted modem drivers in /etc/modprobe*  files
>
> ATM,
> there are no x86_64 bit alsa drivers for your 2.6.31-? Ubuntu Kernel :(
>
> http://www.linuxant.com/alsa-driver/downloads-ubuntu-x86_64.php
>
> Jonathan,
> Is there a package that he can use?, or does the all deb package he used OK?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio
>

> On 3/14/10, Faraz Faghri <faraz.faghri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks Antonio,
>>
>> I got the modem installed following the linuxant guide by installing:
>> alsa-driver-linuxant_1.0.20.3_all.deb
>> hsfmodem-7.80.02.05x86_64full.tar.gz
>>
>> but now there is conflict between alsa and pulseaudio; pulseaudio is
>> unable of detecting my audio device. I definitely want to use
>> pulseaudio and no modem sound would not bother me. but I am not sure
>> by removing the alsa package my modem would work properly, since in
>> the first try I installed the hsfmodem without alsa and it didn't
>> detect my modem.
>>
>> I appreciate your help.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Antonio Olivares
>> <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Faraz,
>>>
>>> A pci modem is not detected through the devices.  See recommendations
>>> given by scanModem:
>>>
>>> A candidate modem is not transparent among the PCI devices:
>>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
>>> Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
>>> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset
>>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
>>> 00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
>>> Chipset MEI Controller (rev 07)
>>> 00:03.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PT
>>> IDER Controller (rev 07)
>>> 00:03.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset
>>> AMT SOL Redirection (rev 07)
>>> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network
>>> Connection (rev 03)
>>> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
>>> Controller (rev 03)
>>> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI
>>> Controller (rev 03)