Re: Zeke Krahlin, USA, Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Quoting Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>:

Modem drivers sometimes die when loaded. For the agrsm drivers case, do unload and load with:
$ sudo modprobe -r agrserial
$ sudo modprobe agrserial
Then dialout again.

Doesn't seem to work for me:

zeke@acer ~ $ sudo modprobe -r agrserial
[sudo] password for zeke:
FATAL: Module agrserial is in use.
FATAL: Module agrmodem is in use

I don't want to suggest this method to other newbies, until I understand what's going on, and maybe have some other options than rebooting the system. Thanks again, Marvin.