Re: Zeke Krahlin, USA, Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Quoting Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>:

Don't give up yet. Please run dialout tests using wvdial directly
rather than its less informative gnome-ppp front end.

I have run *all* my tests w/wvdial (as well as gnome-ppp)...and posted the wvdial results. So that's never been a problem. I can *exclued* my gnome-ppp results, if you wish.

A next step to
try is shutting down Audio functions, which sometimes interferes with
agrsm modem drivers.

You also said in a previous message:

though a more detailed diagnostic will be necessary to determine which of the two HD Audio card subsystems it resides on.

In neither case have you posted any instructions on how to go about performing these latest tasks. Ergo, I simply assumed "game over".

  - Ezekiel