Re: Zeke Krahlin, USA, Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Ezequiel,

I believe I can help a bit here.  My understanding is that Marv wants
for you to disconnect usb devices connected to your machine.  That
appears to be what detach means, not blacklist drivers or unload usb
kernel modules?

A friend of mine had a machine which would not boot, he had too many
usb devices connected, the ones with the machine and the ones with a
hub.  He had to disconnect many devices including the hub to make the
machine start.  In your case, disconnect usb devices like ie,
printers, usb thumbdrives, etc. and see if that helps get you
connected.

Best Regards,

Antonio