Re: Smartlink (ATIIXP) without Alsa

Irving,

RE: s there a way to use my modem without alsa?
To the best of my knowledge, No.
This is because the snd-atiixp-modem has a dependency on other ALSA drivers.
You can do;
$ sudo modprobe snd-atiixp-modem
Then
$ lsmod
will display the dependent drivers which were loaded before it.

>From http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/  use the
package SLMODEMD.gcc4.2.tar.gz
as Debian/Ubuntu have long refused to update from 2.9.9e version
slmodemd for reasons of principle,
through the most current Ubuntu updates are now using 2.9.11

We have had one report of snd-intelx0m modem drivers being replaced by
slamr + 2.9.11 version slmodemd.
But no comparable report for snd-atiixp-modem.  But you can try.

MarvS