Re: Smartlink (ATIIXP) without Alsa

Thanks for the record (slamr is not for me) BUT the original question is which
driver should I use that DOESN'T need alsa because oss needs to replace the
alsa modules so I get no modem at all. Theoretically the slamr was a driver
that can be use without alsa that's why I try it but now you say that it is
not appropriate for my chipset (and it makes a lot of sense).
So my question is still there. Is there a way to use my modem without alsa?
Is it necessary (and wise) to mix sound and modem drivers?

--
regards
irving