The agrsm-tools package,

My agrsm-tools package installs a component to  /etc/modprobe.d/
which upon manual:
      modprobe agrserial
preloads agrmodem and also sets up the symbolic link
   /dev/ttySAGR -> /dev/ttyAGR3

Additionally there is a script written to  /usr/sbin/agrsm-test
which does all of the above (if necessary), then runs:
$ wvdialconf
and outputs appropriate follow through instructions.

A guidance file is deposited in folder /usr/share/doc/agrsm-tools/

Antonio,
   I'll send you a agrsm-tools.rpm variant later.

MarvS