Modem installation Problem

Sir,
After scanning my modem using scanMoed.gz.
Get this report.

UPDATE=2009_04_28
 Continuing as this update is only 0 weeks old,
 but the current Update is always at: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il

 Please rename this script scanModem, or some files will not print out.
 Abort with Ctrl-C, or wait 5 seconds to continue.
Identifying PCI bus slots with candidate modems.
Running PCIbus cases
Analysing card in PCI bus 00:05.0, writing to scanout.00:05.0
Using scanout.00:05.0 data, and writing guidance to ModemData.txt
Read DOCs/Smartlink.txt
 From  http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/ ,
 download the package slamr-2.6.27-7-generic.tar.gz
 Under Linux, open a terminal and unpack with:
 $ tar zxvf slamr*.tar.gz
 Move into the unpacked folder
 $ cd slamr-2.6.27-7-generic
 Look around
 $ ls
 Run the
 $  sudo ./setup
 Afterwards do:
 $ slmodemd --help
 $ slmodemd --countrylist &> Clist.txt
 If not in the USA, look for your COUNTRY_NAME therein.
 Do and edit with:
 $ sudo gedit  /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
 and therein replace the USA in the line:
 SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=USA
 This will provide for the correct Country setting in the automated:
  slmodemd -c COUNTRY /dev/slamr0
 Read the DOCs/Smartlink.txt and DOCs/YourSystem.txt
Writing DOCs/Smartlink.txt
 Writing residual guidance customized to your System.
   A subfolder Modem/  has been written,  containing these files with
more detailed Information:
YourSystem.txt
       Please read 1stRead.txt first for Guidance.

According to this I searched for slamr-2.6.27-7-generic.tar.gz, But
cannot get only get slamr-2.6.24-7-generic.tar.gz. I unpack
(slamr-2.6.24-7-generic.tar.gz)  with
tar zxvf slamr*.tar.gz
but I got an error message like this
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
child returns status.
Error exit delayed from previous errors.

So what I have to do, how can I solve this problem. Please help me.

jagathyks@xxxxxxxxx