Re: Martin, US PCLinuxOS release 2009 (PCLinuxOS) for i586

Martin,

working with these types of modems can be a pain, but before you give
up, throw the towel please do the following.

when you do a
# modprobe agrserial
# modprobe agrmodem
or the other way around?
# modprobe agrmodem
# modprobe agrserial

then you may run the agrsm-test:(oops that is for 11c11040 :(
driver(s)).  Anyhow you may make symbolic links

# ln -s /dev/ttyAGS3 /dev/ttySAGR
# ln -s /dev/ttyAGS3 /dev/modem

if a failure by wvdialconf to find the modem port occurs again, edit
the grub.conf file and add the option "pci=noacpi"

Also if none of the above advice worked, please attach what you did,
copy and paste to this message also please add the output of dmesg
and/or lsmod so that we can see if the modules were loaded or not.

Regards,

Antonio

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/sv92/agrsm_howto.txt