Re: Charles Smith, USA, kernel 2.4.27-2-386

The easiest route for the less experienced is to get a copy of the
Debian like Ubuntu Intrepid release. Get info from www.ubuntu.com.
You could either order an install CD,
or have some friend who has an fast download burn you the install CD.

After the basic install, further compiling the modem drivers will be easy.

MarvS