Re: agere modem 11c1:0620 on Ubuntu Intrepid.eml

Bart,
2.6.27  is not the same kernel as 2.6.27-9-generic.
You probably have not taken them together from one place.
If you type   uname -r  it tells the kernel.
Yours will likely be 2.6.27-9-generic , thus the linux-source has been added from a wrong origin.
Jacques

Bart Verbeek wrote:
Hi,
I've the build essentials and the Linux-source installed (and unpacked
to /usr/src/) I have the /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.27 directory also soft linked
to /usr/src/linux
But still I get:
make[1]: Map '/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-9-generic' wordt verlaten
What's wrong here? Google isn't helping me here either.
Bart

Op donderdag 08-01-2009 om 11:35 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Bjorn
Wielens:
Hi Bart,
Looks like you don't have the kernel source package installed?
I can see it's using the headers, but you will need to install the full
sources for the module to build successfully.
Bjorn.

Bart Verbeek wrote:
Hi Marvin and Bjorn,
Last message disappeared I think.

I took this rpm first:
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-4mdv2009.0.i586.rpm
But extracting gave me errors. There is something wrong with that file.
After that the deb file:
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-5_i386.deb
did extract well. But sudo make module gave me this error:

make[2]: *** Er is geen regel om doel 'kernel/bounds.c' te maken, nodig
voor 'kernel/bounds.s'.  Gestopt.
make[1]: *** [prepare0] Fout 2
make[1]: Map '/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-9-generic' wordt verlaten
make: *** [module] Fout 2

I'm afraid it is in Dutch, but that won't be a problem for Bjorn I
suppose ;)
(there is no rule to make target 'kernel/bounds.c') I have to go a long way to make this modem working! Does anyone have any suggestions please?
Bart

Op donderdag 08-01-2009 om 08:53 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Marvin
Stodolsky:
Bart,
 Go ahead and test.

Bjorn,
   The deb variants are just conversions from the original rpm format.
The source packages are at http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/
For Ubuntu users, I've been doing the compiles and putting the
compiled drivers in kernel-version specific installer packages.

Marvin