Re: agere modem 11c1:0620 on Ubuntu Intrepid.eml

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for all your input in this!
I notice another package in this directory named:
dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-5_i386.deb
This seems to be a newer version?! Could I use that instead?

I tied this link:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/HOWTO-Agere-11c=
11040-HDA.html
But it gives me a "not found".

Bart

Bart,

The modem's IRQ 11 is not shared with other devices.
So that is not a problem.   The drivers I provided in the installer.deb
were compiled with code from the
http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/dkms-agrsm-2.1.80-4mdv2009.0.i586.rpm'

MarvS

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Bart Verbeek <ahverbeek@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> bart@bart-vast:~$ lspci -s 02:05.0 -nv
> 02:05.0 0780: 11c1:0620
>        Subsystem: 11c1:0620
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
>        I/O ports at ea00 [size=256]
>        Capabilities: [f8] Power Management version 3
>
> bart@bart-vast:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
>           CPU0       CPU1
>  0:        133          0   IO-APIC-edge      timer
>  1:          2          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
>  3:          7          0   IO-APIC-edge
>  8:        128          0   IO-APIC-edge      rtc0
>  9:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
>  12:          4          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
>  14:      35340          0   IO-APIC-edge      ata_piix
>  15:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge      ata_piix
>  16:     302023          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb4, HDA
Intel,
> nvidia
>  17:        336          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   saa7133[0], saa7133[0]
>  18:       6146          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb3, eth0
>  19:      91854          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb2,
ohci1394,
> ata_piix
>  20:        341          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   saa7133[1], saa7133[1]
>  23:     121385          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb1,
> ehci_hcd:usb5
> NMI:          0          0   Non-maskable interrupts
> LOC:     259182     267599   Local timer interrupts
> RES:      12250      13235   Rescheduling interrupts
> CAL:      30977      39244   function call interrupts
> TLB:       2832       3236   TLB shootdowns
> SPU:          0          0   Spurious interrupts
> ERR:          0
> MIS:          0
>
> Bart
>

> Op woensdag 07-01-2009 om 18:15 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Marvin
> Stodolsky:
>> Bart,
>>
>> Please return  outputs of
>> $ lspci -s 02:05.0 -nv
>> $ cat /proc/interrupts
>>
>> Also try simplying your System by detaching external devices and
>> shutting down as much as possible before testing the modem.
>>
>> MarvS
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Bjorn Wielens <Uniacke1@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> > Hi Bart,
>> > Yes, it can be built from source, I'll get to that in a moment.
>> > However, can you please attach the error.txt file? I would like to
see
>> > if this is the routine hangup that can happen with some
configurations,
>> > or whether it is something else.
>> >
>> > Also, what is your ALSA version? (found by issuing 'cat
>> > /proc/asound/version')
>> > Thanks!
>> > Bjorn.

Bjorn

> [...]