smartlink usb sound

Hello,
 I have the smartlink modem driver installed for my smartlink usb
modem,so far it appears to be working quite well.I seem to recall that
this modem had sound ,though (software, I don't think there is a speaker
in it). Is this implemented in the linux driver?
The other question I had concerns call waiting,I would like the modem to
hang up when it detects a 440Hz( I think) pulse.Is it possible to
implement or is this something that would need the cooperation of the
dsp binary blob? I don't really no much about this subject or the
architecture of this modem so please excuse me if my questions seem
rather silly.Further information on these subjects would be truly
enlightening.

regards,
 Micah