Re: Guido Erlinger,Germany, kernel 2.6.27-9-generic

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > Guido,
> >
> > There is a package called sl-modem-daemon I believe that will automate
> > the process for autostart.  I'm forwarding this to Marv so that he can
> > guide you better.  I believe you install that package and replace the
> > slmodemd from there with the one that you have and it should work.

Hello Antonio,

I have tried sl-modem-daemon before. It did not work with my
notebook. I configured it like this:

1. I start slmodemd in rc.local :

> 	#!/bin/sh -e
> 	#
> 	# rc.local
> 	#
> 	# ...
>
> 	/opt/slmodemd/slmodemd --country=GERMANY --alsa hw:0,6 >> /var/log/slmodemd.log 2>&1 &
>
> 	exit 0

2. I assigned my user account to the group uucp,
   because slmodemd creates the device /dev/pts/0
   with user root and group uucp and than creates
   a link /dev/ttySL0

Now it works! I can start efax-gtk with my user account
and efax will not get an "permission denied" when accessing
/dev/ttySL0

Thank you all for your help!

cu, guido