Re: Agere HDA modem 11c11040

Marv, Timur,
I'm going to be without reliable internet access over the next few weeks, so I'll try to answer what I can now:
The segfault indicates that there's a problem with the snd-hda-intel driver version, usually a conflict with one of the patches provided by the distro you are using.

Please try building this module from vanilla sources at alsa-project.org/, using alsa version 1.0.18, and report back.
You WILL need to install all modules, built (e.g. snd-core, etc.)
instead of just snd-hda-intel.ko.

The problem with the segfaults does not appear to lie with the agrsm code.
Best and good luck!
Bjorn.