Re: 11c11040 Re: Agere Systems HDA Modem

Graeme,

Try loading the drivers as Root , in the folder where agrmodem.ko and
agrserial.ko were compiled with:
# insmod  ./agrmodem.ko
# insmod  ./agrserial.ko

If port creation is announced, make the symbolic link
# ln -s /dev/ttyAGR3  /dev/ttySAGR

Do a functional test which will test /dev/ttyS* ports but not  /dev/ttyAGR3
# wvdialconf  ./wvdial.conf

If successful edit in personal info with
# gedit wvdial.conf
deleting the ;  < > symbols
The port specification should be /dev/ttyAGR3, so that you don't need
the symbolic link again.

Try dialout with
# wvdial --config ./wvdial.conf

For work under a CD/DVD foot you want to save the drivers and
wvdial.conf to a USB stick drive, so the compile & configuration
doesn't have to be repeated.

MarvS