Re: Sally USA Mandriva Toshiba A105 scanModem picks up WRONG sound info, directions not working

Sally,

Comparisons between Vista and Linux are valueless, because the
Operating Systems are so different.

Please send to the List (not directly to me),
The output of under your CPU=i686,  Debian Linux version 2.6.24.4
$ su root
Because opening COMM channels requires root permission. Then the
# slmodemd  -c USA --alsa hw:0,6

If it fails to report port creation, load modules that would normall
be loaded, it the HDA audio were being used for sound support. Some of
them may be needed for modem support.  Load with:
# modprobe snd-seq-device
# modprobe snd-pcm-oss
# modprobe snd_seq_dummy
# modprobe snd-seq-oss
# modprobe snd-seq-midi
The others will load automatically through dependencies.

Then again test.
# slmodemd  -c USA --alsa hw:0,6

Their may be a side benefit that audio function will be turned on.

MarvS

>> lsmod | grep snd
>>snd_hda_intel         344728  3
>>snd_pcm_oss            42144  0
>>snd_mixer_oss          17920  1 snd_pcm_oss
>>snd_pcm                78596  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
>>snd_page_alloc         11400  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
>>snd_hwdep              10500  1 snd_hda_intel
>>snd_seq_dummy           4868  0
>>snd_seq_oss            35584  0
>>snd_seq_midi            9376  0
>>snd_rawmidi            25760  1 snd_seq_midi
>>snd_seq_midi_event      8320  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
>>snd_seq                54224  6
>>snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
>>snd_timer              24836  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
>>snd_seq_device          9612  5
>>snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
>>snd                    56996  17
>>snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_hwdep,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
>>soundcore               8800  1 snd

MarvS