Re: Sally USA Mandriva Toshiba A105 scanModem picks up WRONG sound info, directions not working

Marvin, this is the output:
Is it a terrible error to unpack the new slmodemd.gcc4.1.tar.gz on the mandriva desktop?
after I ran this I went back to find the directions to put it in usr/bin,
and reran the below, but it did not change anything. find said still one slmodemd
in usr/bin.

[samsonsfleece@localhost Desktop]$ su - root
Password:
[root@localhost ~]# chmod a+x /home/samsonsfleece/Desktop/SLMODEMD.gcc4.1/slmodemd
[root@localhost ~]# /home/samsonsfleece/Desktop/SLMODEMD.gcc4.1/slmodemd
error: mdm setup: cannot stat `/dev/slamr0': No such file or directory
error: cannot setup device `/dev/slamr0'
[root@localhost ~]# slmodemd -c USA --alsa hw:0,6
error: mixer setup: attach hw:0 error: No such device
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1357:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
error: alsa setup: cannot open playback device 'hw:0,6': No such device
error: cannot setup device `hw:0,6'
[root@localhost ~]# modprobe snd-seq-device
[root@localhost ~]# modprobe snd-pcm-oss
[root@localhost ~]# modprobe snd_seq_dummy