Re: Modem Not Recognized (Ubuntu 8.04)

Hi all,

I installed the hsf driver (which required the alsa linuxant driver) but
no Modem was detected (see below).

===================
sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
[sudo] password for george:
Editing `/etc/wvdial.conf'.

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Modem Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3   SHSF0 SHSF1 SHSF2 SHSF3
Modem Port Scan<*1>: SHSF4 SHSF5 SHSF6 SHSF7

Sorry, no modem was detected!  Is it in use by another program?
Did you configure it properly with setserial?

Please read the FAQ at http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?WvDial

If you still have problems, send mail to <wvdial-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Can you advise on what to do next ?

Thanks in advance.