Re: Timed Out When Dialing

Hi again,

The thing gets completely corrupt after every attempt so it is not
easy to finetune wvdial.conf or /etc/ppp/options. I used minicom to
reinit with atz which I cannot use in the init strings.  Now I
consistently get the error 15 or 16 " The PPP daemon has died". In
between a download with wget is sometimes feasible. Any attempt to
retrieve the mail or browse the web results in a stuck connection.

Who is afraid of upgrading distro ? ;-)

Thank you again Marvin,

AO