Fwd: Alexandre Oberlin, Italy, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic - Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:07:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Alexandre Oberlin, Italy, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic -
Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
To: alxobr@xxxxxxxxx

RE: sl-modem-daemon_2.9.10+2.9.9d+e-pre2-5ubuntu4_i386.deb
will replace your version 2.9.11 with 2.9.10, but its scripts are otherwise OK.
Copy over the /usr/sbin/slmodemd with the 2.9.11 version one from
slmodem-2.9.11-20080417.  Use

$ sudo gedit /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
to change the COUNTRY setting form USA to ITALY.
That may help.

MarvS

--
C'est une chose extraordinaire que toute la philosophie consiste dans
ces trois mots: