Re: Dependency issues when installing modem drivers

Team,
   Please make a note of instruction below for new hsfmodem installs
under 2.6.24
In prior hsfmodem releases, there was not a dependency on libc6-dev.
Under Ubuntu, there must be a co-installation of libc6-dev and its
dependent libc-linux-dev
Jacques is traveling until May 27, and there is no one to mount
scanModem updates until them. So please pass along this information to
new hsfmodem cases. I should be more frequently on line Saturday, when
I return from travel.

Ann,

Go to http://packages.ubuntu.com/
search for libc6-dev
which will take you to page:  http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libc6-dev
There from start the download of libc6-dev and its dependent
libc-linux-dev (the other dependent, libc6, is already on your System.

Copy them to Linux and coinstall them with:
$ sudo dpkg -i  lib*.deb
executed within the folder containing these two files. They install
header files to folders of /usr/include/  .  Many binaries like
drivers, require additional text like header files.

Then rerun the hsfmodem installation.

MarvS