Re: wvdial dialling string; getting external line

I have looked at some docs, namely
man wvdial
man wvdialconf
but have not found an exact anwer.

Another thing that I thought about, is if the above suggestions posted
before do not work, is for you to

Pick up the closest phone, press 9, wait till you hear dialtone, then
start wvdial normally.  It should work, should it not?

HTH,

Antonio