Re: Linux DSL Laptop Modem

What Antonio has replied to you is of course correct but I too would like to make a point. When you ask for help to fix something, please understand that we CANNOT guess what exactly went wrong and where in the sequence of operations which makes the thing work. The steps to make scanModem work are detailed in http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanModem. Do these steps please, and then report at which step you got a problem and what the problem was (error message?)

Jacques

lancegillette@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've got a elderly Fujitsu laptop that I run on Linux Puppy and DSL Linux. Puppy
recognizes the modem and I am able to dialup and connect to the internet. But with
the Damn Small Linux distribution I have not been able to get it to recognize the
modem. Apparently it is a Lucent Winmoden.

On the other hand, the laptop does have a PCMCIA ethernet card that I can access
the internet with using DSL Linux but not with Puppy.

I've got ScanModem on the desktop. On another computer running Ubuntu I got the
ScanModem program to work fine. But in Puppy or DSL I do not know how to get it to
run.

I would very much like to be able to connect to the internet via dialup modem using
DSL Linux. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?