Re: Linux DSL Laptop Modem

Lance,

Class 0780: 11c1:0440 is the Lucent/Agere  Digital Signal Processing
(DSP) modem as suspected below.

Compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
       gcc-4.1
       make
       kernel-source-2.6.21.7, to produce the derivative
kernel-headers, or better if available,
download from DSL kernel-headers--2.6.21.7 , which night be
alternately named linux-headers--2.6.21.7

Additionally for this specific driver compile
       headers provided  by a libc6-dev package or equivalent must be
resident, even after the compilation is complete.  These are installed
to /usr/include/  folders.
Not having any familiarity DSL Linux,  I can't assess whether their
will be difficulties.

But it you get all these prerequisites done, from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
get the driver code package martian-full-20071011.tar.gz