Linux DSL Laptop Modem

I've got a elderly Fujitsu laptop that I run on Linux Puppy and DSL Linux. Puppy
recognizes the modem and I am able to dialup and connect to the internet. But with
the Damn Small Linux distribution I have not been able to get it to recognize the
modem. Apparently it is a Lucent Winmoden.

On the other hand, the laptop does have a PCMCIA ethernet card that I can access
the internet with using DSL Linux but not with Puppy.

I've got ScanModem on the desktop. On another computer running Ubuntu I got the
ScanModem program to work fine. But in Puppy or DSL I do not know how to get it to
run.

I would very much like to be able to connect to the internet via dialup modem using
DSL Linux. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?