Re: David Grandeffo, United States of America kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:

> Dave,
>
> The package dmfe_1.43.tar.gz contains code for:
>         A Davicom DM9102/DM9102A/DM9102D fast ethernet driver for Linux.
> THis is not a modem driver, and scanModem did not recognize a PCI
> modem card on your System among expected PCI card categories.
>
> If you are confident that your modem function is on a PCI card do:
> $ lspci
> which will output in format:
> PCIbus   Description_of_card
> try to recoginize the modem line therein (which is what scanModem automates).
> Then among the output of
> $ lspci -nv
> copy out the stanza with the same PCIbus
> and send us this stanza and the "lspci" line too.
>
> MarvS
> scanModem maintiner

Marv,
First of all, thank you SO MUCH for jumping in on my problem! Second, I
must apologize! I pulled the computer apart and you are absolutely
right; it IS an ethernet card. I am SO embarrassed! I'll get myself a
REAL modem and try it again. Any suggestions for a PCI modem that will
work with Linux? Perhaps you can point me to a list of either modems to
get or modems to avoid....?

Best Regards,

--
Dave Grandeffo