Re: modemness

Charlotte,

Try shutting down all non-essential functions before trying the modem. Then
$ sudo  modrpobe -r snd-intel8x0m
to unload, and then reload the driver:
$ sudo  modrpobe snd-intel8x0m

then the slmodemd command, first trying with modem:1  and if failure modem:0
$  sudo slmodemd -c UK --alsa modem:N
remember to leave slmodemd running, and dial from a 2nd console
$ sudo wvdial

MarvS