Re: [!][SMARTLINK][64BIT] Patch for slusb module for 64bit kernel

Marv,
I am very sorry but my knowledge of Italian is definitely very very weak, mostly casual sentences with the help of a dictionary.
As I have absolutely no experience with 64 bits processors, nor with
USB modems, I am afraid not being able to contribute here.

Sorry - Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Jacques & others bilingual,

Please converse with Giuseppe in Italian and then report back to the List.
The issues are as follows:
1) It is understood the slusb.ko is compiled on a x86_64 system with
64 bit resources.
2) The patch of  modem/Make  implements
      gcc -m32
so that slmodemd is compiled in 32 bit mode.
But does this require that some 32 bit libraries be installed, or do
the 64 bit libraries installed on a x86_64 system suffice?

What ever is working for the slusb driver functionality,
should be expected to work for the ALSA modem drivers, are they are
fully Open Source and should compile cleanly on a 64 bit System.

Guiseppe,
   Being a biologist by training and an administrator in current work,
I am not knowledgeable in deeper coding issues.

MarvS