Jacques

Hi again.  I am sending this to discuss...
Ignore the email I sent you that you responded to and didn't understand. I'll use this email address from now on.

By the way. The parameters Marv suggested, by taking out the < > in my User/Password/Phone, did not work. I still get the attempt to connect, then disconnect after a few seconds. I have double checked my account information with the ISP provider.

I also contacted ISP and asked them for their input. They do have instructions for setting up KPPP, but since I can't get on-line with the 7.04 Linux, I can't load KDE to get the package containing KPPP.

Just to clarify things for me...when I try to implement your and Marv's suggestions, I do have to be using the 7.04 Linux don't I? If I can stay on the 6.06 Linux without switching back and forth that would be easier. Sorry for the silly questions, both of you have patience to be envied!!