Re: L Middleton, New Zealand, Freespire skipjack-feisty (development version) ( kernel 2.6.20-16-lowlatency

L & J

 For Ubuntu Linux users with Intel 536 and 537 chipsets the are driver
 installation packages available, see:
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Intel537EP
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Intel536   with
suggestions for improvements to c.marcano@xxxxxxxxx

This above recent info may not be in your older Intel.txt
For your Linspire installation, you will likely have to compile your
own drivers.
However you could install one of the Ubuntu linux-image packages, for
which the precompiled drivers are available.

The 536ep modem will not work in 64 bit mode, because Intel is not
provided updates any longer.

MarvS