Re: Slmodem on fedocra core 7

Sauro

for CPU=i686,  Fedora release 7 , Linux version 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7

and modem in PCI bus:  00:1e.3
   Class 0703: 8086:266d Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW
      Primary PCI_id  8086:266d
    Subsystem PCI_id  103c:099c
    Softmodem codec or Vendor from diagnostics: SIL27, an AgereSystems type.

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack
under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
The slmodemd in contains has the needed ALSA support.
 Read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
 	 slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa modem:1
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance

While there is some chance that the slamr driver might work,
the snd_intel8x0m modem driver already installed on your System is optimal.

MarvS