Re: from notebook: benq joybook p52

Andrey,

After

:~$ sudo slmodemd -c RUSSIA --alsa hw:0,6
slmodemd must be left running.  Open a new TAB on the console or a new
console and run
$ sudo wvdialconf   /etc/wvdial.conf
which should report finding the modem through /dev/ttySL0

Edit in your personal information with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
   replacing the <xxx> placeholders and removing the leading  ;  on those lines.
Add a line:
Carrier Check  =  no

After saving, trial a dialout with
$ sudo wdial.

Only close slmodemd after completion of  dialout session, with
Ctrl-C
in its own console window.

MarvS