Re: Winmodem Help

Peter

It is most probably an error during compiling. Here I get this when compiling,
if you get the same, it might be that the driver is not compatible with your
kernel version :

$ make
make -C kmodule/ modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.21-gentoo-r2-ana/build
M="/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule"  modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.21-gentoo-r2'
  CC [M]  /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian.o
/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian.c: In function ‘martian_isr’:
/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian.c:160: warning: value
computed is not used
/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian.c: In function ‘martian_add’:
/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian.c:662: warning: passing
argument 2 of ‘request_irq’ from incompatible pointer type
  CC [M]  /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/marsio.o
  CC [M]  /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/mfifo.o
  LD [M]  /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian_dev.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian_dev.mod.o
  LD [M]  /data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule/martian_dev.ko
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.21-gentoo-r2'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/kmodule'
make -C modem/ all
make[1]: Entering directory `/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/modem'
    CC  main.o
    CC  dumpers.o
    CC  log.o
    CC  session.o
    CC  mport.o
mport.c:8:41: error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
mport.c: In function ‘mport_init’:
mport.c:315: error: ‘PAGE_SIZE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mport.c:315: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mport.c:315: error: for each function it appears in.)
mport.c:315: error: ‘PAGE_SHIFT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [mport.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/mfb_gentoo/martian/martian/modem'
make: *** [all] Error 2