Re: scanModem, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586

Quoting Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx>:

Dave,
"a message about sound drivers" : which message?

Fraid I can't find the bit of paper I wrote it on; I think the general idea was a clash of some sort.

And, are you trying to start dialling at boot time?

Not intentionally;  would it be because pppd is in the rc5.d file?

Is there a good reason for you to use MDK 10.1?

No, in fact I've been considering a change anyway because I never got to grips with the upgrade from Mandrake to Mandriva. Which distribution would you recommend as the easiest from a modem point of view: I'm completely open to suggestions.

dave