Re: scanModem, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586

Dave

The ModemData.txt seems to be excerpted from that originally produced.
Your information is confusing.

A PCI slot is using for an internal modem card. The one on detected on
your System is
Class 0780: 127a:2014   Communication controller: Rockwell
International HSF 56k Data/Fax/Voice Modem (rev 01)
which should be supported by a www.linuxant.com package
hsfmodem_VersionSpec_k2.6.8.1_12mdk_ubuntu_i386.rpm.zip

USB modems are attached externally through a USB port and the Linuxant
software does support some of them.

The first functional test you should try is:
$ su - root
# wvdialconf   wvtest
to assess if your modem is detected.

If so replace the <????> blocks with your personal information using:
# gedit  wvtest.

Then try to dialout with:
# wvdial --config wvtest

"man pppd"  relates that error
8      The connect script failed (returned a non-zero exit status)
-------
but which dialer were you trying to use?
wvdial is recommended at least for testing purposes.

marvS
scanModem maintainer

On 5/27/07, daveches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <daveches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Firas Kraiem <fkraiem@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi
>
> You forgot to attach your ModemData.txt. If you haven't done it already, do a
> scanModem scan

HERE IT IS, done this morning;  as I say, during reboot as devices are
being recognised, there is a long pause then
"failed to activate ppp0 with error 8".

------------------  scanmodem.txt  ---------------------------------

    For Mandrake/Mandiva 9.1 later, installation of the pciutils.rpm
package providing  lspci is necessary.
    The installed utility   lspcidrake  is NOT an adequate alternate
for scanModem support.

PCIBUS=00:14.0

Providing detail for device at  00:14.0
   with vendor-ID:device-ID
            ----:----
Class 0780: 127a:2014   Communication controller: Rockwell
International HSF 56k Data/Fax/Voice Modem (rev 01)
   SubSystem 122d:4055  Aztech System Ltd MSP3880-W

                   -----PCI_IDs-------                    --CompilerVer-
     Feature List:  Primary  Subsystem Distr  KernelVer   kernel default  CPU
  ./scanModem test 127a:2014 122d:4055 mandrake 2.6.8.1-12mdk  3.4.1
3.4.1    i686
   127a:2014 is a Conexant HSF modem.
KERNEL="ttyS0", SYMLINK="modem"
ln -sf ttyS0 /dev/modem

    A subfolder Modem/  has been written,  containing these files with
more detailed Information:

        Please read 1stRead.txt first for Guidance.