Re: Dialing/connection problems

Paul,
This is not a property of "chat" as it may seem from your post.
I believe that Dante will find a solution looking at the pppd options
(command  man pppd ) where the options are set in file /etc/ppp/options
It seems to me that he may need one of the lcp- options, quite possibly
lpc-restart . The parameter (time in seconds until the request times out) is 3 by default. See what happens if you brutally raise it to 15 None of this has anything to do with which interface you use to launch pppd, be it a direct chat command or an indirect chat built by wvdial or kppp or you-name-it.

Jacques