Re: Antonio, USA Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

----- Original Message ----
From: golfer <golfbuf@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>; Linmodems <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:03:40 PM
Subject: Re: Antonio, USA Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

On 3/21/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I also am running slmodemd under ubuntu alpha using 2.6.20 kernel
with the Bestdata Smartlink USB modem, which uses slusb module.  You
use the slamr module instead, with your pci modem.

I'm observing a problem with the usb, where the modem seems to lock up
and gives the message "fifo underrun" in the /var/log/kern.log.  This
happens every hour or few.  The only way to recover is to stop dialup,
rmmod the module (slusb), then modprobe and restart the driver and
dialup.  I have previously reported this here, and believe it's being
worked on.

Do you have the line added to the /etc/modprobe conf file?

install slamr modprobe --ignore-install ungrab-winmodem ;  modprobe
--ignore-install slamr; test -e /dev/slamr0 || (/bin/mknod -m 660
/dev/slamr0 c 242 0 2>/dev/null && chgrp uucp /dev/slamr0)in your case, I belive you need to change slamr0 to slusb and see if that makes a difference, that of course if the above line is not in the file /etc/modprobe.conf file.

Are you having this same problem with the slamr in kernel 2.6.20?

Nope.  the modem worked flawlessly for two and a half hours.  Only tested it yesterday, but it seemed to work without a problem.

Have you run it successfully for several hours?

For two or more only.  No problems as of yet.

Regards,

Antonio

Finding fabulous fares is fun.