Re: Antonio, USA Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

On 3/21/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I also am running slmodemd under ubuntu alpha using 2.6.20 kernel
with the Bestdata Smartlink USB modem, which uses slusb module.  You
use the slamr module instead, with your pci modem.

I'm observing a problem with the usb, where the modem seems to lock up
and gives the message "fifo underrun" in the /var/log/kern.log.  This
happens every hour or few.  The only way to recover is to stop dialup,
rmmod the module (slusb), then modprobe and restart the driver and
dialup.  I have previously reported this here, and believe it's being
worked on.

Are you having this same problem with the slamr in kernel 2.6.20?
Have you run it successfully for several hours?

regards,