Re: use martian_modem

Paul,

The modem setup can be automated but is not advisable, since the
driver is experimental code.  Should some interaction cause your
System to crash on bootup, you would have to use a rescue disk to
bootup and disable the automation.

But with this warning , To automate martian_helper action upon
martian_drv loading, put a SINGLE line in in one of your
/etc/modprobe.d/  files:

install martian_drv  modprobe --ignore-install martian_drv ;
/usr/sbin/martian_modem

It will run martian_modem after martain_drv loading.
If you also add to /etc/modules  a line
martian_drv

Then martian_drv will load on bootup.  Or alternatively you can create
an /etc/init.d/ script as Jacques mentions.

MarvS