Re: use martian_modem

Paul,
Yes martian_modem must be running when dialling.
However this does not need to be done manually.
I am not familiar with Debian systems so you will have to make an effort to find the right path. You almost certainly have a directory /etc/rc.d/init.d or perhaps /etc/init.d
Look into it.
Type which martian_modem to find where this module is stored on your disk (if you do not know).
For example it could be   /usr/local/bin/martian_modem
So in the init.d directory create a file named martian_modem (for example; your choice is free).
This file should contain three lines
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/martian_modem     #  (if this is the right place of course)
exit
Now make it executable     chmod a+x martian_modem
If you use Gnome (or equivalent) use the system settings menu -> Task Manager to activate martian_modem (you will see it in the list of available init tasks).

Essentially trivial, as you see, but you may have to work a little bit, again, because I am not Debian.

Jacques

csanyipal wrote:
Hello!