Re: Machine learning is used in gerrit build

HI

My problem with this design assumes that the only thing we are optimising for is reducing the load on the build servers.

But we are not a build-service organisation. Jenkins is a service that is subordinate to the needs of developers.

And what developers need is feedback about which platforms their changes are working or not working on.

Just recently I have to resume my builds 5 or 6 times to get past the ML stage, only then to discover that I made a mistake that affected some other platform, and then having to change things again, and restart the process.

I am really sorry you went to all this effort, but I do not think that this ML plugin for jenkins is a good idea.

If I had known that this was in progress, I would have spoken up sooner.

If we need better jenkins throughput, TDF should just buy some more/better hardware.

Regards, Noel Grandin